2010/09/29

kiss of life

for the last couple of weeks my life has been what I've always wanted it to be. it's magic.
No revolution, no radical change has taken place, though.
Inside me, She opened a window that let the life-giving air in. It comes from people.
When I close my eyes and begin to straighten, to unravel and bend back what has gotten stuck and rumpled in a nervous cramp, under my eyelids I can see the view from her window on the fourth floor: the sea of trees, the garden on the neighboring building's roof, and far away, on the background of summer evening, the Palace of Culture and Science and the Blue Tower Plaza, also called the Blue or the Golden Skyscraper, because in the evening it reflects the sunlight as if it came from inside the building. The Palace and the Tower pulsate with tiny lamps, I loved watching it far into the night.
I can feel emotions in my stomach, deep and causative ones, attached to the view. It symbolizes inside me an era which delays its passing away. Everybody knows it's inevitable; it has already taken place. Slowly, carefully, I straighten the fingers of the emotion, one by one, until the hand is off me, then the other one. Then, gradually, the distance between us will get bigger and bigger, and the emotion itself will drift away, too. Finally, the summer trees, hot concrete, the sapphire sky and the palace with the skyscraper will all be captured in a snow globe that I'll admire without any distraction of mind. Finally, I hope I'll see with my eyes wide open a new view symbolizing the core of positive energy, so that I won't need to close them to warm my hands with my memories.
Whenever I find serenity, I feel as if the head of someone who's dear and good to me was protected with a warm palm of a hand; I don't know whether I'm the source of the protection or the one who derives the sense of security from it, but I guess I might be both.
"If I speak in human and angelic tongues but do not have love, I am a resounding gong or a clashing cymbal. And if I have the gift of prophesy and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give away everything I own, and if I hand my body over so that I may boast but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, [love] is not pompous, it is not inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury, it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes in all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails. If there are prophecies, they will be brought to nothing; if tounges, they will cease; if knowledge, it will be brought to nothing. For we know partially and we prophesy partially, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things. At present, we see indistinctly, as in a mirror, but then face to face. At present I know partially; then I shall know fully, as I am fully known. So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love."
Paul of Tarsus, 1 Corinthians Ch. 13

P.s. Vote for love.

No comments: