2012/03/25

this must be the place

So I guess it's about changing the way I spend my time with people. I have to undertake fresh activities with them, stop going to the same places, sitting at the same tables and just talking. Human mind is a lazy beast. In a familiar context, without new stimuli, it will only repeat what's already known.
So yesterday I went with O. to see "This Must Be The Place", and then I fed her with mozzarella, tomatoes and zucchini at my place. What I like about this relationship is that it totally changes its form every few months or years. It was only this month that I learnt about her something that might be a key to understand a lot of her decisions and attitudes. This shows that being bored with the other person can only be unfair to them. And to the relation itself.
Today early in the morning I was thinking that if some of my relations evoke the sense of discomfort, it wouldn't be the ones which ended with a bump, pain and disappointment, but those which died a natural death as the people changed and so did I. The communication got broken and when we meet, between us there is only emptiness and a few desperate references to what we used to be. To watch things fading away can be really depressing.
But O. is not fading away. She unfolds slowly.
I give away without regret the hour stolen from last night due to the switch to the summer time. Now Sunday coffee and weekend newspaper edition. The elderly guy from across the street smokes his usual morning cigarette.
The world is not fading away. The world unfolds slowly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!I'm MrFunkyjaz,the guy who created this video,using this beautiful David Byrne's song..
As i see you are from Poland..I am from Greece..So,nice to meet you..:)

marta said...

Hi. Good job then :) Take care!

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much!Have fun :)