2011/01/01

go!

Accepting the switch in the right bottom screen corner comes easily to me. It has come somewhat unnoticed. No high jinks. Z. came along and cooked some penne with spinach. We drank two bottles of sparkling wine and watched an interview with Magdalena Środa till 4 a.m. (At four o'clock: "Well, she's samo smart, and the thing with the courage, yeah, she's right about that, but you're just dropping off.")
It's 10 a.m., Z. is sleeping like a baby while I'm washing the spinach off the kitchen. Strong coffee. My drip coffeemaker Alaska (in honour of the blogger called Alaska Wilde) is one of my three favorite gifts this season. (The other two are M. and my gorgeous jeans drainpipes. Oh, and Z. for the New Year's Eve, that's samo the sweetest cherry.)
I didn't answer the telephone three times, suspecting that all of the people, M., M. and R., wanted to meet me. Kind of a pity, especially that I really do have a liking for the second M. and R. Yet I did promise there would be only the two of us on the New Year's Eve, our fantastic gay-lesbian team, yay. Besides, I don't like being forced to excuse myself. I'll make it up for them with some sweet little cookies. If they give me a chance.
I've just deleted 555 files from my computer trash. There's inevitably something final about this day.
At midnight, on the phone, M.'s* voice was very cheerful and pleasant. I had to promise I would go on a visit to her in the first quarter of the year. I like making promises like that. I like nice voice timbre.
Z. is still asleep, my poor tired translator-lawyer. I guess I'll drink up this year's first cup of coffee and I'll take this year's first shower. Then Z. will maybe get up and we'll have this year's first scrambled eggs. And then, in the evening, maybe I'll see M. for the first time this year. If so, I'll feel happy. On this dark, cloudy first day of the year, in this goddamn wonderful Warsaw.

*Please notice that there are four different Ms in the post. I guess it's time to introduce a new nomenclature here.

No comments: