2008/07/23

on the sunny side of the street

Today in the morning I visited one of the Blogs of Note: a blog of a girl named DeeDee [http://deedeeabodeely.blogspot.com/ ]. And although I do it very rarely, I read everything posted since the opening of the site.
At first I was struck by the physical resemblance between DeeDee and The Famous Her. They could well be sisters, though resemblance like this one makes me think of the strange natural coincidences that bring to this world unrelated look-alikes.
And then I read, and read, and wasn't sure whether the content, coming from within the layout's colorful polka dots, warms me up with its cheerfulness and brightness, or rather saddens, as it concentrates the peaceful joy of living among people, something that currently seems unattainable to me in this world.
Her short posts are like summer days. The smell of sunburned skin, bright mind, tree tops full of leaves. Some fruit rolls over a wooden table in the garden. And friendly voices of beloved people can be heard all around, the last sound that one hears late in the evening before falling asleep.
And that photo of her on the top of the site: green water, blue sky. Redish soil and the authoress standing on it with her arms spread in triumph or joy she sends straight to the sky.
What I feel isn't jealousy for sure.
Most of all I feel the satisfaction as if I were this world's supervisor; the satisfaction that there are lives like this one, happy faces like hers, happening somewhere out there.
Maybe I have to be at the point I've reached, a place rather dark and cool, to be able to see the one, who walks on the "sunny side of the street".

1 comment:

DeeDee said...

Hi Marta, I came to your blog after you left a comment on my last post and I was so touched to read this post. I'd like to refer to it on my blog, if that's ok. Thank you for your sweet words. Hope you are having a nice week. -DeeDee