2012/08/18

may it be a blessing

Today it occurred to me that the way people react to my family name change actually tells a lot about themselves.

My Mom: /sigh/ ...but what for?
My Dad: /laughing nervously/ ... well... um... you are important for us, not your name!
My Sister: ...you're quite a something...
B.: mazel tov!
flatmate: oh... but what did your parents say to this?!
Al.: /quiet admiration/
Bart.: why? when? what for? I feel like I wanna know more but I also feel I'm not going to get it...

to be read as:
- reluctance to diverge from social norms when it is not necessary,
- largely suppressed sensitivity,
- resignation as a lifestyle,
- awesomeness :)
- uptight adherence to social patterns,
- favorable support approach,
- interpersonal communication disorder

respectively.

this really is fun.

No comments: