2012/01/23

hairband & marriage

Today, after the exam [I passed!!!], Il. said she had to wait an hour for her Spanish classes and asked me whether I felt like going with her to H&M. And so I went. On our way she told me that she'd been living with G. for three years now and recently, in the "Favorite" file on his laptop she had found some jeweler's websites with engagement rings. And she began to wonder, well, at our university there's more and more married girls, and by the way, have you heard how A. named her daughter? Liliana, would you believe that?! So she, Il., doesn't feel like getting married at all, because now, when she fights with G., she can just ignore him, she won't serve him his dinner, will she – and after they're married – you know... [do I..?] And a baby? Oh, please. She, Il., is still a kid herself. And by the way, Gab. gave her a most horrible hairband recently, but then it's Gab., she has her style, doesn't she...
This hour lasted FOREVER.
I wondered - would she have said if I were a man?
Did she say it all because I'm a woman and she thinks stuff like that are supposed to be said when talking to a woman?
Or maybe this speech mode was because she expects herself to be using it being a woman herself?
All I know is that the total amount of energy I needed to interpret a German text about samurais was just about nothing when compared with the power I need to go shopping with Il.
PS I tried on a blouse with the Beatles imprint. But I guess I have to find a homonormative shop as my lesbian abdomen doesn't fit in the H&M clothing at all.

No comments: