2011/09/19

Kawasaki's Rose

it's been a long time since I last went to the L. cinema on a cheap Monday. (PLN 8.) on the left: a fat woman with a bag of chips from a no frills supermarket. behind me: a guard of elderly ladies trying to outdo each other in their manometer results. the movie – like most Czech ones I've seen – decent, a few pretty overexposed shots and a girl with pink hair.
then I leave the cinema and it's not that muggy any more, since the day is past its worse and it's all getting better now; grey, late summer Warsaw, I walk under the arcades at the C. Square, I've changed at home and I'm wearing trousers instead of my skirt, so nobody's seeing me, nobody's talking to me.
I get back to my flat at W. street, cook myself some powdered soup that was best before the date half a year and eight days ago (like those PLN 8 at the cinema) and I read reviews of books about Berlin, which I'll probably never read and it might be that I'll never be in Berlin again either.
keep moving. keep moving to spite the solitude.

No comments: