2010/12/24

"I'm not going to die. I'm going to live forever until one day I'll wake up and I'll be a turtle."

scary, monstrous, when I say, hey mom, you remember that girl, well, she's sick, kind of, she's really not doing well, and then she goes
yes, I know
I already noticed it before.
all of it with my sister present, whose resignation and constant giving in have been long leading her in the same glum direction.
yes, we all know that. impossible not to notice. no, there's nothing we could do about it. cause what could it be.
because, really, everybody is left to themselves. and really, everyone generates their own driving force, gives it its final shape and tinge. totally by themselves.
it is not bad news. it's an obligation to act.

the marry-christmas-and-happy-new-year formula is not really something I'd put in my discourse, but. I do wish for the world to have fun this time of year. so, like Grace Stalker used to say to her lovely turtles: go, play.

No comments: