2009/03/01

3 times

This weekend was so lavish and full that now I feel like a walrus in a dumpling pose on the beach with its tummy up to the sun, accumulating all sorts of warmth within a radius of 20 meters.
Friday. Party at P.'s place. Free vodka and chips, and meeting a perfect hermaphrodite: a guy with a head as shapely as Sinead O'Connor's (the Nothing Compares To You hairstyle) and with a clearly feminine kind of pride – the one which even among women happens once in a million hens. The yin-yang phenomenon stroked my head a few times and stated my jacket hood was so cool there was no way I could die. Which makes me consider the night an exceptional success.
Saturday. In the morning I exchanged 70 PLN for food (food! FOOD!) and after I got back I sat with my legs on the table to watch Korean "Happiness", crunching some delicious shit made of pure salt. I don't know how it's possible but the Taiwanese, Cambodian and Korean movies invariably leave me in the Asian state of concentration and serenity – even if, as it was in the "Happiness" case, they treat my emotions just like pagan washerwomen treated their old underclothes. (Which wasn't delicate, I assume.) And in the evening, "Slumdog Millionaire" in Multikino. Even if the movie had been poor, our discussion at the self-service check-out about the devise being in fact a document (and bill) shredder, and A's great act of courage when she climbed back all the way through the box office (walking on crutches) just to get her great love named Pepsi Max – all would have been enough to make my walrus tummy warm. But the movie wasn't poor at all, and although I couldn't physically bear to watch a few scenes from it, I do absorb it, make myself remember it; appreciate it.
And today there was spring explosion and the air smelt like some fresh laundry. I had much energy and went to the yoga centre open day. When it came to the downward facing dog, I felt my back singing "make me wanna shout".
And always always when I see the colors of the sky like yesterday's and today's evening, I can't help but hear songs by Sade in my head.

Full stop.
On Saturday my mom told me she's going to hospital soon again. I cried.

No comments: